Our property is a wonderfully relaxing place that has space for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are attending a wedding, escaping for a break with your family or friends or celebrating an event, Aintree is the ideal place for everyone. The beautiful River Gum trees and kookaburras singing away, are the perfect background for any escape. We welcome guests from all backgrounds and love being able to share our slice of the Swan Valley with you. Please note – whilst we have animals on the farm at varying times, Aintree is a working farm, not a farm stay as such. You are welcome to visit the sheep, chickens and kangaroos. You are free to collect the eggs but we cannot guarantee there are always eggs! We welcome all enquiries and look forward to assisting you with your stay.
Aintree cottage boasts plenty of space:
- 2 x Queen rooms
- 1 x single room
- 2 x bunks
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 toilets
- powder room
- lounge/dining room
- sitting room with pot-belly stove
- kitchen and verandahs
- Sleeps 10 guests comfortably
- A portacot or adult mattress is available to accommodate the 10th guest
- separate entertaining room- contains lounge seating, TV/DVD, stereo, sink, bench space, oven/stove, dining table and fridge. This area is to be used by guests who are planning an event, i.e Hen’s, birthday, engagement etc.
- New BBQ area coming soon in 2018- the BBQ area is attached to the entertaining room and opens out onto the lawn.
- Additional dormitory style accommodation (4rooms-sleeps 16) coming soon- perfect for wedding groups, birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette, engagements, friends camping trips (minus the tent!) Please don’t hesitate to enquire.
Guests have exclusive use of the cottage, lawned areas, BBQ area and kids play area. Feel free to wander around the property. The property is 26 acres and takes about 25 minutes to go for a stroll along the fence line. Heading out in the late afternoon or early morning is a lovely time to see the kangaroos. The sheds and stables are off limits to guests.
Interaction with guests
As your host I look forward to meeting you on arrival. However, at times due to family commitments, or your time of arrival – this may not be possible. We live in close proximity and are sometimes around the property doing work but respect your privacy during your stay. I am only a phone call away and happy to help in any way I can.
Other things to note
- Guests are unable to bring pets as there are other animals on the property.
- Babysitting available.
- Gourmet breakfast packages can be arranged.
- Fire wood for the pot-belly can be pre-ordered ($20 per bag) or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Children 12 months and over are to be added as a child guest.
- An Aintree handbook has been created for you. You will find it on the kitchen table. Please read the handbook as it contains important information about the property.
- Brochures for the Swan Valley are available. These items can be found on the book exchange cabinet.
- Early check-in/late check-out are not always possible due to cleaning or other bookings. If requested, notice can only be given the day prior to your date of arrival.
- Small gatherings/celebrations are possible but will need to be arranged with us prior to your stay. Please ensure you discuss your plans with us (numbers and set up). The house is not to be used to entertain additional guests.
- Free parking on premises
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- linen/towels supplied
- air conditioning/ceiling fans
- well appointed kitchen with dishwasher, oven, gas cook top, microwave
- bathroom BRAND NEW- beautifully fitted out. Contains double shower, double vanity and toilet
- 2nd bathroom – outside.
- 2nd toilet/powder room – inside
- laundry with indoor washing line, washing machine, ironing board/iron
- sitting room with pot-belly fire
- large lounge room with tv, dvd player and stereo
- dining area
- kids indoor play area, toys, books
- patio entertaining area
- undercover BBQ area – currently out of use for renovations until May 2018. The BBQ is still available for use. When booking – let us know if you require the BBQ.
- fire pit (seasonal rules apply)
- lawned areas (still being established)
- undercover parking for 2 vehicles, plenty of additional parking for cars, caravan or horse float
- kids outdoor play space including trampoline
- porter cot with mattress, baby bath, potty, booster seat (dining chair), high chair, mattress protectors available upon request.
- tea/coffee/milk on arrival